Sinister: Whew.. WHAT a weekend.

Taboonmb7 at xxx.com Taboonmb7 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 27 01:08:10 GMT 1998

hello beautiful people.

i just returned from Toronto on Sunday night with the hopes of seeing Belle &
Sebastian with a few ace people that i planned on meeting there.
well, where to begin...

i left my home about 10:30, thinking this to be plenty of time to make it to
my hotel in Toronto at 2, which is where i was meeting these people.
at around 1:40, i thought "damn, i'm making good time." i was just 5 miles
away from Toronto, on 401 East just pass Missasauga. and then SPLAT.

i got myself into a situation - i rear ended a car who came to a complete
grinding halt on the hwy at 120 Kms (about... 75 mph?) .. i was following
approximately 20 ft behind, which wasn't enough for my little, black, and
quaintly cute Geo Prism, aka the Gnome Hearse (sp.) . i smashed into him at
about 40 Kms, enough to smash the front end of my car about 2 ft and for it to
be considered "totalled." i had NO idea what to do.. i mean, i'm in this
foreign country, i have a perfect driving record, so i've never had
experiences with this before, and i had little money. luckily Canadians are
seemingly more helpful than Americans, for about 20 of them stopped, offered
me access to their phones, cigs, and everything else i needed. a tow truck
even came about 5 min after the accident. since i was in shock afterwards, i
honestly didn't even care, i was just worried about making it to the hotel by
2 to meet my friends. unfortunatly by the time i made it to the collision
shoppe the shock wore right off and i immediately started crying.. i was
seriously screwed, i couldn't rent a car with my credit card for i only have a
500 dollar limit and the car would be over 750... luckily a man who felt
sympathy for me called a cab, and the cabbie also felt pity so he turned his
meter off and only charged me 40 dollars for a ride to my hotel (it would've
been in the area of 70 dollars!)... and thus ends "the worst day of my life."
. cue in one of the best nights of my life now. Sheila, Cheryl, and Cheryl's
friend Megan were all waiting for me like 3 hours after i said i'd be there!
such sweet people... Sheila is a glossie (pulp mailing list peep) by the way.
She's so ace! thanks for the scarf dear! one of the most uniquely cool people
i've ever met. she just radiated with these happy vibes which made me forget
all about my poor car.  well i'm sick of typing now. we went to a few clubs
for drinks, stores, etc.. just spent a "night on the town.". and then we hear
about the concert being cancelled, but i was drunk and having much fun so i
was indifferent to that at the time. i cannot type anymore since iam quite
intoxicated right now so i apologize for any incoherency..

i do not blame the band at all for what happen. there is no one to blame at
all - they did what was right. they are a band and should play as one, and if
that means that one of the members is ill and they feel that they shouldn't
play without her, then i commend them on their group unity! that's wonderful
to see that they care enough about each other in such a way. i'm sure they'll
reschedual the shows anyways.. which is good because it will give me another
excuse to go to Toronto (driving more slower and safer, that is...).. ! it's a
beautiful city, such a relief from the neo-industrial wasteland of Flint
Michigan. well goodbye i rambled enough..

"hanging on your party games, dancing in the shadows.."
- Siouxsie & The Banshees, "Playground Twist."

~james* (someone to blame, someone to shame...)