Sinister: Toss Album

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 27 10:54:58 GMT 1998

Julian Cope claims that "Blackdance" by Klaus Schutze was
his seduction album. I bought it, just out of curiosity, and
it never fails to send me to sleep. It's pretty good
though - wurp-wurp-wurp - that kind of thing.

That's strange you should say that Peter, as I was in Virgin yesterday on
my day off work, and was hearing a bit of Julian "Copey" Cope's new record,
then I kind of thought, hey, there's some bloke that looks dead like Julian
Cope, and then started thinking "Why is there a queue behind this bloke",
so it turns out it is actually Julian Cope, wackily dressed up as Swampy or
something.

	I was thinking the other day also about how you could better describe the
great Moog synthesizer, and I hit upon the idea of mentioning great Moog
songs, and came down to my two favourite Moog solos, which come from Ike
and Tina Turner's "Nutbush city limits" and Heatwave's "Boogie nights",
both totally great Moog solos, indeed the former record, so I'm told by my
mum and dad was the first record I ever danced too - so there you go, as
this track came out in 1973 it turns out I'm so cool, I was into Moog solos
from almost before I was born!

Cheers,
  Keith.