Sinister: Athens meet-up

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Tue Oct 27 17:00:20 GMT 1998

I know that there's a meet-up board on the Jeepster site, but I wanted
to make sure this got through to the appropriate parties.

The basics are this: There is now pretty officially a meet-up at the
Engine Room, which is a bar that's right next door to the 40 Watt.
Literally, right next door.  No searching or nothin'.  So everyone head
over there after the show.  The only things to be concerned with are a)
how do we identify each other and b) 40 Watt shows tend to start and end
pretty late, and Athens bars close at 2:00 am.  If anyone has any good
ideas on how we can identify each other, suggest away.  If you want to
find me, I'll be wearing my favorite grey shirt (grey is apparently the
"in" color this fall.  How fashionable of me!) and my scuffed-up pair of
black Doc Martens.  More specifically, almost everyone aggrees that I
look like Tom Hanks...some say vaguely, some say eerily.  I say
vaguely.  I will be accompanied by my friend Laurie who is blond and
thin and unbelieveably hip.  Come and say hi if you spot me.

On the question to b), one Tony Johnson, Athens resident, has very
kindly offered use of his house if the Engine room closes down before
appropriate B&S-style rowdiness can happen.  Still, everybody meet at
the Engine Room.  Hopefully, the 40 Watt will come to their senses on
this show and have it end at a decent hour.  I'm assuming there'll only
be B&S and the opening band, which means....oh, I'll say 12:30 ending
time.  We'll see.

Of course, if anyone, ahem, "bumps into" a band member, bring them
along.  Whoever brings Stuart M. wins.  No points for Chris or Sarah
since they'll probably beat us to the bar.  And will have drunk it half
dry by the time we get there..."Bars stay open til 2:00 am?!
Brilliant!"

See you there.

Damn excited,
    Reid