Sinister: Peter/Keith/Adrian

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Oct 27 19:03:44 GMT 1998

Keith and I had the following exchange earlier:

>Julian Cope claims that "Blackdance" by Klaus Schutze was
>his seduction album. I bought it, just out of curiosity,
and
>it never fails to send me to sleep. It's pretty good
>though - wurp-wurp-wurp - that kind of thing.
>

>That's strange you should say that Peter, as I was in
Virgin yesterday on
>my day off work, and was hearing a bit of Julian "Copey"
Cope's new record,
>then I kind of thought, hey, there's some bloke that looks
dead like Julian
>Cope, and then started thinking "Why is there a queue
behind this bloke",
>so it turns out it is actually Julian Cope, wackily dressed
up as Swampy or
>something.

I believe The Archdrood is on a book promoting tour, with
"talks" in Waterstones and so forth. I wouldn't mind going,
I bet that book's a good laugh as well as possibly
instructional. There's loads of prehistoric cromlechs and
dolmens and whathaveyous round here as well, all
conveniently situated at the top of mountains. I've been to
one, but it just looked like fossilised elephant dung in a
little circle. Still powerfully evocative of a bygone age
though.

While we're on the subject of books, I apologise if I have
been inadvertently sending people on a wild duke chase for
Dung and Goulash - I thought it was out already, that was
the impression I got from the Dukegob website (he's
definitely not subscribed, is he?)

> I was thinking the other day also about how you could
better describe the
>great Moog synthesizer, and I hit upon the idea of
mentioning great Moog
>songs, and came down to my two favourite Moog solos, which
come from Ike
>and Tina Turner's "Nutbush city limits" and Heatwave's
"Boogie nights",
>both totally great Moog solos, indeed the former record, so
I'm told by my
>mum and dad was the first record I ever danced too - so
there you go, as
>this track came out in 1973 it turns out I'm so cool, I was
into Moog solos
>from almost before I was born!

I wouldn't know a Moog solo if it bit me to be honest,
unless the record has the word "Moog" in the title. I
believe Stevie Wonder used them, so I'm nominating the
instrumental bit with playlet from Living For The City, a
song also covered by Ike and Tina. Popol Vuh's epic Vuh also
features a Moog, but tread carefully, I think they probably
lived inside it during the making of the album. I believe
Amon Duul II borrowed it at a later date, so you might be
able to spot it on that tape, Keith.

Adrian Evans wrote:

Peter out Miller in out in.....that Starsky and Hutch is
very good.  I
have a picture I did on the old windows paintbrush of
Dougall from the
old supernatural whirlygig fame that I want to send to
Honeys Mummy
page.  Unfortunately it's in .BMP format and I don't know
what to do to
make it .jpg friendly.  HELP !!!

I have no idea what .jpg format is, my Starsky and Hutch
portrait was done with PaintPot or whatever it's called, as
included with Windows 95. I've also discovered that if you
save your pictures in the Windows folder you can then use
them as desktop backgrounds, instead of the usual shite. At
the moment we've got a fine portrait of Stuart Mad Dog
Murdoch reprimanding the rowdy crowd in London, done by my
good lady wife. Jealous, eh? Perhaps it belongs on the
ever-expanding Mummy page as well.

Has all the shagging talk stopped yet?  I do hope so, it
puts me off my food a bit.

I'm listening to Stevie Wonder now, it's great. If that's
not a Moog it bloody well ought to be.

I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!

Peter