Sinister: Chicago gig/SCROLL DOWN FOR SMUT

jennifer phillips-bacher jlphilli at xxx.edu
Tue Oct 27 22:14:20 GMT 1998

hello all.
instead of reviewing exam material such as antonio gramsci's theories on
cultural hegemony, i've decided to examine the issues of last night's gig
in chicago.

Issue #1: Isobel
Isobel was stunning in her pleated skirt although she was, as Katrina
suggested, a bit off-colour.  When i briefly spoke to Stuart M. and Sarah
before the show, they said she was much better and keeping her tea down.

Issue #2: la musica
firstly, let me say it was absolute PERFECTION.  my ears were so happy they
were about to jump off of my head.  really.   the band seemed to be quite
jovial...must've been the san pelligrino.  it does it for me everytime.  i
was standing on the balcony, which i think was really a good choice cause i
could see the entire stage from there, even the piano that was plunked down
in the corner where stuart would go hide every once in awhile.  and i'm
short, so being high up really helped.  i generally don't pay attention to
the setlist, but this time i had lots of friends that couldn't come so i
wrote all of the songs on my hand.  i can't seem to wash them off, so i'll
type them here:
1. century of fakers
2. i know where the summer goes
3. seeing other people
4. chickfactor
5. lord anthony
6. dirty dream #2
7. is it wicked not to care?
8. slow grafitti
9. it could've been a brilliant career
10. lazy line painter jane
11.paper boat
12. dog on wheels
13. wrong love
14. loneliness of a middle distance runner

i was so happy to hear the new songs.  some grumpuses standing next to me
wanted only to hear songs that they knew and could sing along with.  pah!
isobel said that her and stevie's voices were a bit scratchy due to
illnesses, but they sounded absolutely lovely.  stuart m. doesn't know
this, but we're going to meet later in life and fall madly in love and run
off to an island and live in a tiki hut, drink margaritas and fruit
smoothies and play lots of trivial pursuit.  i know this for sure because
my psychic told me.

Issue #4:  SMUT

ok.  if you've read this far, i trust you enough to hear a confession.  it
won't be a full confession as i'm still a bit unsure of myself.  well, as a
common practice, i have frequent sex dreams.  generally i don't know the
person...he's usually some faceless mystery guy.  other times it's someone
that i recognize (no, not a comedian).  well......oh gosh, i'm feeling shy
now.  (just say it just say it).  ok, well, i had a sex dream with a list
person who will remain anonymous.  i will only say that a photo(or two...)
is posted on honey's site and i've never met this person in real life ever
and it's just so strange how my dream world managed to animate a photo.
and it's not st. lucy.

i feel somewhat relieved.  the butterflies are leaving my stomach now.

jenn xoxo