Sinister: Black Sessions

Philippe Garnier Philippe.Garnier at xxx.fr
Wed Oct 28 15:57:04 GMT 1998

David Moore is a very kind person :
>Merci millefois a cher Philippe and also great big thanks to Jake
>(Jake?..Oh my God they killed Kenny!) for the tape that arrived yesterday.
>However the tune of Century of Fakers still did its
>amazing hair on end trick and I enjoyed the breathless rush through Poupee
>de Cire, Poupee de Son. Love to Isobel and hope she's up and galloping at
>full tilt again soon.

Some days ago I tried to write the lyrics of Poupee de cire, poupee de son
when listening to Isobel "au grand galop", but I failed in understanding
all the sentences. Of course I don't mean that Isobel's french is bad! I
love her french accent! But some of the lyrics remain obscre. So if someone
can help me to achieve this important stuff (the original version by France
Gall ?), you know were I am!
- He Phillipe, aren't you french ?
- hum... yes indeed. There are so many evidences that prove my french
citizenship: my english is bad, I love wine and cheese, I don't understand
how we won the World Cup, I don't understand why people in UK and USA like
Air, my name is Philippe and not Phillipe, I don't eat frogs and snails
more that 2 times in a year, and I don't need arab straps.
- Oh my god, now it's obvious: you are french! ...Do you want some brownies
with your tea ?

Philippe