Sinister: jeepster-news: Salako single and UK gig dates ... :)

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 28 16:25:39 GMT 1998

and again, hello to you all!

as i promised earlier, here's the details of Salako's forthcoming
single:

The strangest band in the world release a double a-side CD + 7" single
on 16/11/98 (jprcds008/jpr7008) featuring the tracks ...

the moonlight radiates a purple glow in his world
go on then!  enlighten me, why doncha?
and bonus CD track, easy to love you

(do you think they could come up with longer song titles?)

oh, and for even extra weirdness, here's their press release ...

"Feel like ride a plastic horse (or horse-like cow), which has an
unbelievable speed like real rodeo.  Although fall flop down from that
fake animal, it won't stop, and just next take it.  Watching them, grab
the wounded leg with pulling faces.  Go back home with bruises on the
hip and limb, then someone come to me and say 'baby will be fine when
the morning come'.  That words really stabilise me like the sign, 'mind
the gap' which you can find at the underground (even though it never
works).

"I really deep into this song, cause, coz, I wrote some story's about
home and kitchen stuff, and it really has common (yah, maybe) image with
this song.  Me story is like an never-ending downward spiral.  Something
like, uhm, get into the bathtub, 'n floating upon the surface for hours,
and turn into a sediment, which finally sink to the bottom.  I bought
Salako's CD without hesitation at HMV and then I went to the Heathrow
airport.  That was my last day in London, in UK.  And Salako's CD was
the last CD that I bought in UK.  I just listened this song with my CD
player at the airport, and it brought me some nostalgia.  I still don't
know for what.  Anyway, great match with aeroplane and the mood of
airport.

"Fresh air-conditioner song.  I think, the vocal, he has the voice of
the candy in the throat.  I guess he just swallowed some sweet candy as
a child, but that didn't melt, just remain in the throat till now, so
everytime he talk or sing, the not-melted candy make some sounds, sounds
like whistle.
- e-mail from a fan, October 1998

We hope our music affects everyone in this way."

Ok, so by now you must understand that they're a bunch of crazies.
Well, to completely reinforce this ideology in your mind, come along to
one of their forthcoming UK gigs:

November -
Sunday 8th	Glasgow, G2
Monday 9th	Leeds, Duchess of York
Tuesday 10th 	Hull, Adelphi
Thursday 12th 	London, Borderline

Just read this weeks NME + Melody Maker to get the experts (?) point of
view of the Salako live experience, it's very tempting!  Go on, you know
you want to ... :)

cheers,
Katrina.

oh, p.s. - we should have sound samples of both the Salako and snow
patrol singles on the Jeepster website before the end of the week.

        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk

.of the message                                                        .
.any problems? then simply send a mailto:owner-news at jeepster.co.uk    .