Sinister: jeepster-news: Belle & Sebastian ... guess what??? :)!

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 28 17:59:29 GMT 1998

... they're releasing an EP in the UK before Christmas!!!

and guess what else?  It's finally the long awaited "This Is Just A
Modern Rock Song" EP ... can you believe it?

OK, so i 'spose you want some proper details ... here goes:

Belle & Sebastian release a new EP, as yet untitled on December 7th,
1998.  The tracklisting will be (but not necessarily in this order)

This Is Just A Modern Rock Song (*sigh*, i love this song ... aahhhhh)
Slow Graffiti (from the soundtrack to The Acid House)
The Gate (another Isobel composition + vocal)
I Know Where The Summer Goes (lovely, lovely, lovely)

It will be released on CD-single and 12" and Stuart is also thinking of
doing a four-track 7" too.

If you know anything about the UK charts, you'll know that this will be
ineligible for the Singles Chart due to it being a four-track EP.  Boo
to the Business World indeed!

Apparently Sarah is shooting a video for "...Modern Rock Song" but i
should have more details about that when the band get back from the U.S.

HOW EXCITING!!!  I always said "...Modern Rock Song" was a wintry song
let's hope it snows on December 7th. :)

And now for the bad news ...

Even though I know that the Toronto gig will not be rescheduled for
definite, I really can't see the Philly gig being rescheduled this time
around, unless it goes ahead tomorrow, Thursday 29/10.  Stuart has to
fly back to the UK on Tuesday 03/11 and they don't really have another
spare date (except for Saturday 31/10), but as soon as i have news for
definite, i promise to let you all know.

Did anyone see the lovely 4-page spread in this month's Select?

if you need any more info, just ask!

cheers,
(a very smiley)
Katrina.
        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk

.of the message                                                        .
.any problems? then simply send a mailto:owner-news at jeepster.co.uk    .