Sinister: Boobs to the Business World!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Oct 28 19:50:22 GMT 1998

Ahoy there, me hearties!

I've just got an e-mail from Bob Holness! Yes, it's true!
(For overseas listees, Bob Holness is the man responsible
for the saxophone solo on "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty).
A few weeks ago I sent a request to Bob's BBC World Service
programme "Anything Goes". My first choice was some
yodelling, but they have rejected that in favour of my
second choice - Snow Patrol. Ha ha, just my little joke.
Why, it's Belle and Sebastian of course! I'm very pleased
because lost tribes in the Amazon will be able to hear,
those funny jumping up and down people in Africa will be
able to hear it, Oooon's grandmother will be able to hear
it, even educated fleas will be able to hear it! Everyone
should tune in - here's Bob himself to tell you when:

Thanks for e-mailing us here at "Anything Goes".   I hope to
play your
request (by Belle and Sebastian) on one of the following
days:  Either
Saturday 21st November, Sunday 22nd November or Tuesday 24th
November
(obviously, you will know on which of these days the
programme is
broadcast in your region).

Isn't that sweet? Especially seeing as I haven't got a clue
when it's broadcast here. Note Bob's stern tone of voice,
firm but fair, during that last bit. And you can't you just
hear him gently emphasising the word "hope"? He's everything
I look for in a man.

It will also be pretty touching, because I'm trying to
contact a friend of mine in Chile. No, don't worry, he
hasn't been disappeared by senador vitalicio Pinochet, I've
just lost my address book.

Today I saw two CDs by France Gall, "1968" and "Pop Girl", I
think. They were horrendously expensive, just like that
Serge/Melodie Nelson one, so I didn't snap them up. Are they
so expensive in France? Also shockingly expensive is the
Spiritualised live album. Oh well, at least it isn't
packaged in an ice lolly wrapper or a cosmic eggbox this
time.

Am I the only person on the list that didn't know that
Mullet Man and Fuzzbox were an item? Remember, Sarah, don't
go barging on ahead like a baby elephant. You'll get
attention all right, but it won't be favourable...

David Moore is the voice of reason, and I love him for it.

Peter Miller
Hondarribia, Spain

PS: Disappointed by the lack of Moog talk today.
PPS: It was from Bob's producer really.