Sinister: Rung and Two Fish

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Oct 29 16:06:40 GMT 1998

I've just spent a highly enjoyable couple of hours reading
the Dukester's "Young and Foolish" book, which the postie
kindly brought this morning. I'm particularly thrilled to
see that my preference for Denim over Felt has been
immortalised. I imagine that in hundreds of years' time
people will stare at it agog and ask each other "Who is this
pop prophet "Peter", a man with the foresight to see that
Denim were much better than Felt?" Well, I don't suppose
they'll use the word "foresight", because it's wrong, but
that's the great thing about pop, it's all about a feeling.
Whoops, I appear to be under the influence. New listees can
indeed enjoy some of the sparkling debate that went on round
these parts exactly one year ago, spooky though it may seem.

I've also started a great Cuban book, the Dirty Trilogy of
Havana. It's got plenty of smut, including an entirely new
concept to me, up the bum sex. Has anyone ever heard of it?
The book, I mean. It's by Pedro Juan Gutierrez.

T minus three hours! We get the space shuttle launch live on
the telly tonight because there's a Spanish bloke going. I'm
going to get totally fucking zonked on uppers and downers so
that it freaks me out even more. If I can find any in the
fridge, that is.

I saw a film, "Manny and Lo", at the pictures. Most listees
would probably enjoy it because it's quite twee at times and
deals with the one of the list's major preoccupations,
unwanted teenage pregnancies. I meant to waffle on about it
the other day, but I think I forgot.

For my next trick, I shall consume two mandarin oranges,
because I'm hungry.

Peter