Sinister: This is just a Modern Rock Song ...

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 29 16:30:51 GMT 1998

The Modern Rock Song has always struck me as being a song of two
halves. The first half is quite funny and a bit daft but still
nothing to wet your pants over but the second half -"I'm not as sad
as Dostoyevsky ..." is wonderful. This is a bit odd cos the song
doesn't change much.
I went to see the Trueman Show the other day at our local cinema
called the Savoy. It's a lovely place where they have plush double
seats, and intermissions so you can buy ice-cream. I thought the
first half was great and really sad, but the second half, when he
knew he wasn't living in the real world, was practically a different
film. Like having Jurassic Park without any dinosaurs after the
intermission.
Neverthless, despite this strange double-sided phenomenon, the Modern
Rock Song is great and I'm glad that it's being released at last. On
an e.p. as well - ace!

ooops, I've just wet my pants.

Bye!
	Robin