Sinister: the chance meeting of an umbrella and a sewing machine on an operating table

poetryplace2 poetryplace2 at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 29 16:18:04 GMT 1998

Hello

>>Jennifer Phillips-Bacher: the spark of intelligence in your blinking eyes
is not unlike the glow  from the teeth of an electrocuted axe-murderess. <<

It's okay. I haven't had a funny turn. Remember all the fun we had with the
Shakespearean insult-generator? Well, I just came across the surrealist
compliment generator, which is much more in-keeping with the caring, sharing
tone of sinister. What wizard japes! It's at
http://pharmdec.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/jardin_scripts/SCG

 >>Peter Miller: Hermaphrodites around the galaxy desire that you turn your
rock and crochet  bowl to its loudest setting.<<

I went to see the new French film "Vulvic Landmine" last night with
steadymike and pam. I have to disagree with our earlier correspondents. As
Mr Miller might say, "What," thought Trousers "is the point of a film about
glam rock if it isn't filled with pretentious epigrams and people pretending
to be Oscar Wilde?" I found it highly enjoyable, but then I would say that,
wouldn't I? I particularly enjoyed Dickon Edwards' performance as Brian
Slade. I'm disappointed to see that Stuart Murdoch continues to be typecast,
appearing here as one "Jack Fairy". If the acting is occasionally dodgy, the
music is uniformly ace... Yes, even the bit with the poisoned dwarf out of
Placebo murdering 20th Century Boy is good for a hoot. Another winner from
Mr Polanski, then!

>> Sezzie: So charmingly heathen, your skin is like a teardrop on a
popsickle.<<

Talking of Placebo, I am glad to see that our choicest jesters of
jingle-jangle jolliness are rising to the challenge of leaving a trail of
blood and semen across North America. Bravo!

>>Chris Leonard: Your delightful banana reminds me of a cosmonaut in high
heels.<<

In the immortal words of Sir Noddy Holder: "Iiiiiiit's
Chriiiiiiiisssstmmmmaaaaaaaas!". Well it will be soon. For the southern
tarquins and jaspers who find the weather too inclement up in the arctic
circle around New Year, there will be a Sinister Xmas party at the Poetry
Cafe in Covent Garden, London, on Friday 18 December*. The cafe staff tell
me that they are willing to prepare us a sumptuous buffet, but this would
mean charging a fee of around £5 per head. Does this sound reasonable,
chums? Also it would be good to get some ideas of numbers, so if you have
any comments, email me privately.

>>HoneyPaul: The phase of your hallucinations reminds me of those balmy days
when the  championship mould was breeding, when the fish were long, and so
were the valued floats of  men we drank through narrow straws...<<

Does anyone like Paul Auster? I've just been delivered a shipment of his
books from Faber, in shiny new editions. Personally, I think he is no better
than a damned dawg, but if anyone would like them, I will gladly put them in
the post. Maybe I will set another exciting competition.

Peace,  list

>>In caressing your follicles I am only vaguely reminded of the bitter
harvest.<<

Stevie Trousers
xoxoxoxo

* You will notice that the Xmas party is three days after my birthday, or
"Trousersday", as it is known. It is a custom among my people that on
Trousersday, people send me a variety of lovely lower-body wear. I have a
particular penchant for moleskin. My measurments are available on request.