Sinister: This is just a Modern Rock Song ...

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Thu Oct 29 16:44:48 GMT 1998

>The Modern Rock Song has always struck me
>as being a song of two halves. The first half
>is quite funny and a bit daft but still nothing
>to wet your pants over but the second half -
>"I'm not as sad as Dostoyevsky ..." is wonderful.
>This is a bit odd cos the song doesn't change much.

Then there's the third bit, where Stevie sings about sorry laments and boys
in corduroys (sp?).

Best B&S song? Hmmm, maybe, but there is stiff competition from Loneliness.

(And yes, I am trying to start another dull list thread.  After my Elvis as
a dog attempt was shot down quickly by David, I'm going to try to get every
one to email their favorite song - just wait for lots of "Yes, thats mine
too".  He he he.)

Michael

PS I used to live right beside Easterhouse, and it is a well scary place.
Not the kind of place you'd find a twee biscuit muncher staring at
aeroplanes, I can assure you.