Sinister: Ah, the Beach Boys (you can read this message)

FourJacksandaJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 29 16:45:41 GMT 1998

James, is that the Cd for the documentary "Endless Harmony"?  If so, I
must take issue with your use of words to describe "Brian's
Back"....needless to say as an amateur BB snob I really despise anything
Mike L. does that gets in the way of things ("Kokomo," etc.).  I mean,
he's fine as a team player, but ... oh, I should shut up now or I'll never
stop.  Let's just say I hate him.:)

Anyway, that documentary is really really good.  Was it shown in the UK?

I remember right after they showed this, they then showed an old
American Bandstand where the poor Beach Boys performed on a show dedicated
to...the Beatles!  Every song was a Beatles song that the kids were
grooving to.  Then the Beach Boys got up and did a spot-on, note-for-note
perfect (all right, it was lipsynched) "Don't Worry Baby."  That song
makes me cry, it really does.  At least Mike
Love didn't dance.  But it must've felt strange to be on that particular
show, what with the BB-Beatles rivalry and all...

I wanna cry-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y...
Xavier
--
BXK	 	                                  "It's recess everywhere
bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu                       but in his heart."