Sinister: News from moonbeam land

Julie_Smith at xxx.com Julie_Smith at xxx.com
Fri Oct 30 01:19:08 GMT 1998

Hey kids.

To make up for the incredibly uncreative mondegreen post, I thought I'd
speak up and show you an ink polaroid I took last weekend.  I've been
pretty quiet up til now, but at the urging of another list member (you know
who you are) I've decided to speak up.  Just don't laugh (at least not AT
me).

This picture was taken in Delores Park, (You know, the one in San
Francisco, by the mission?) last Sunday at about 5pm. See me? I'm the one
with brown hair, a black cardigan and a miserable look because the grass is
wet and the wind has started to come up.  Marci's sitting next to me,
smoking a cigarette. She's easy to spot because she's wearing a white
button down shirt and  it's getting dark. Andy (brown sweater and goofy
grin) is in the act of stealing a cigarette from me (see how his hand is
blurry?)  You can't hear our conversation, but if you could, you'd hear
Andy asking me to send him a tape of Belle and Sebastian as soon as he gets
back to San Diego.  Just prior to the taking of this picture I'd forced him
to listen to B & S in the car and he'd been pretty quickly converted.  I
felt so proud!  Oh, those other blurry images are the thirty or so
neighborhood dogs cavorting and playing all around us.

If you liked that picture, maybe I'll show you the one from the biker bar.

Maybe.

Julie