Sinister: ya take the good, ya take the bad, ya take 'em both & there ya have...

Erin Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Fri Oct 30 02:16:06 GMT 1998

Hey kids!

Bad news first:  Funny that Matthew Neimark should mention a radio show
called "Breakfast of Champions", because I just read in Jane magazine
that a movie of the same name is in the works.  If this is an adaptation
of my favorite Vonnegut novel, THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS!  Anyone who has
read the book knows what I'm talking about, because there's no way they
can do justice to the book.  And I don't mean this in an indiesnob way.
I mean there are *things* in this book you cannot recreate.  (This
should inspire you to get reading, shouldn't it?)  Does anyone else
care?

Good news second:  Stevie Trousers is THE coolest person on the list
right now, because I say so.  I don't know if Mr. Trousers knew that my
21st birthday is this weekend (plug, plug), but I just received the best
present, undoubtedly, from him.  I will not tell you what is inside it,
for fear he will be bombarded by requests to reproduce his work of art,
but let's just say it's the nicest thing a stranger's ever sent me.
(And yes, that includes Tigermilk - gasp!)

Interesting news last:  My brother is one of the head librarians at the
CSU Fresno Music Library (one of the largest music collections in
California - hoo-ha), and the library just got a big, fat grant to go
and buy new CDs.  The best part is that I gave him a list of my
essential picks for his shopping list, and he's going to buy them.  So
now, thanks to me, "If You're Feeling Sinister" will get its own catalog
number and place on a shelf in the library.  (Also included on the list
of library-worthy material were Jeff Buckley and "Louder Than Bombs" by
the Smiths.)

Lots of love,
Miss Erin