Sinister: georgia on my mind and florida in my sights

baggy trousers rmckay at xxx.edu
Fri Oct 30 04:36:42 GMT 1998

---Reid Dossinger <reid.dossinger at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> For starters, I'm glad to be out of the goddamn car.  And if there are
i'll second that..almost 9 hours (we hit traffic once we got into tampa)
and then another hour to go to a soccer game that my friend didnt even
win!

> fantastic the show was.  So the description will end here: It was
> fantastic.  I'm sure that not everyone was entirely happy with it, and I
> heard a few people grumbling coming out of the show.  It seems that most
> people are very, very attached to encores.
it was a brilliantly gorgeous show indeed..as we were coming out of the
club we heard one guy say that for driving 6 hours, he wasnt too thrilled
with the song choices, 'too obscure and nothing from the second album'..i
said that for an 8hr+ journey i was thrilled with the choices.

> The sound was PERFECT.  After all the talk I'd heard about how quiet
> their shows are, I was expecting to have to stand on Laurie's shoulders
> and press my ear against the speaker.  But it was crystal clear and
> exactly the right volume.
the sound was good and i dont think that i have been to a show where it is
THAT quiet during songs..generally you have someone who is always talking
but you could almost hear a pin drop.  we were over on the left towards
the front and the sound was fantastic.

 > Okay, okay...the general set list
(which someone may have already
i think you about have it..i taped it (disclaimer: for my own pure
enjoyment, not for any profit) so i would need to check..i realised
halfway through 'is it wicked not to care' that i had the pause button on!
so half of it isnt there..it came out not too shabby but i need to learbn
to shut my mouth a wee bit more and keep my comments to myself.

 > Highlight of the show? Easy: Lord Anthony. Everyone on the list was
> talking about it as though it was just another new song.  Let me tell
> you for those of you who haven't heard it: It's incredible.  I was
i didnt think that i would get into this song so much since i wasnt too
familiar with it but it was so very...very. probably the highlight for me
as well....the highlight of the evening though was seeing someone i know
find it so very exciting that we saw isobel in the bus blowing her nose
just outside of the washroom :)

> "Century of Elvis":  Yeah, I was surprised that it was Elvis and not
> Fakers, too.  But the weirdest thing is that, as far as I could tell,
> the vocal part was a tape.  If it wasn't a tape, it was someone off the
> stage, since I saw all of the members on stage and none of their lips
> were moving.  Ventriloquism?  Most likely.  Oh, and since the argument
> about "what is Elvis" is back up again, I should mention that the
> clarity of the sound at the 40 Watt allowed me to pick up the line
> "Elvis is a sack of doorknobs that belongs to Mick Cooke".  I pretty
> sure about that...
i was a bit let down that it wasnt a century of fakers but i just thought
it rather amusing that as soon as the voice started you saw all these
necks strain to see where exactly the voice was coming from.

> on our post-show high.  We stayed at the palatial Econo-lodge, and so we
> headed back to the room down Broad Street.  This is a street that's not
oh so very palatial...maybe your room was better than ours..the wallpaper
was peeling and the washroom door didnt shut properly..plus the walls were
a bit thin..you didnt happen to be staying in room #208 and had a knock on
your door at some time in the early morning from someone telling you that
they could hear you next door, did you? if so..that was me, pleased to
meet you. i wouldnt have minded had we not had to leave early to get back
for the damned soccer match.

umm...i enjoyed myself immensely on this little excursion and i thought it
well worth the time/money/lack of sleep to go..i do it again in a
heartbeat..

roberta

**oh you look so tired              +  "Rock'n'roll is the most brutal,
  mouth slack and wide              +   ugly, vicious form of expression -
  ill-housed and ill-advised        +   sly, lewd, in fact plain dirty..a
  your face is as mean as           +   rancid-smelling aphrodisiac..the
  your life has been                +   martial music of every delinquent
  crash into my arms                +   on the face of the earth..."
  i want you******                  +
   -'jack the ripper' (morrissey)   +           -Frank Sinatra 1957