Sinister: Catharsis

Carrick C Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 30 06:02:27 GMT 1998

Good Evening/Morning,

I thought it might be fun if I was the first person to report on
the Athens show. Seeing how I wasn't there and in fact miles
away. But, alas, Reid beat me to it,(and now someone else)with
possibly the longest post in history. Great story though. I almost
felt as if I was there myself.

Anyway, a certain someone sent me an email early yesterday
morning....

>My dear Carrick,

>I'm at my friend Natalies' and we just returned from the Belle and
>Sebastian show in Athens.  Very cathartic music, definitely getting
>the cd.  So, I did end up going, the show didn't even start until
>11:00, so I got to go to my meeting and go to the show.  We looked
>for your friend, but didn't end up meeting.   There was a big crowd
>there.....

My friend went to the show on my recommendation. Yet another
convert. I have to go look up "cathartic" now...
Wait that could be taken a couple different ways. But lets keep this
on the up and up and say that she meant this...

"a purifying or cleansing of the emotions...the relief of tension and
anxiety by bringing repressed feelings and fears to consciousness"

or I guess you could just say that she found it to be a mental laxative.

On more of a Sinister topic....while in Boston, I was looking at my
friends newly aquired Blueboy CD and noticed in the Thank Yous,
an <Oon>. Could this be our very own Oon from the Far East? Quite a
swank bunch we got here.

A long time ago Keith said....

Carrick, your Roger Daltrey hair goes down very well with me, and I
expect
Mr.Miller too, being great WHO fans as we said for several months on end
boring everyone to tears. Is your hair the 70's incarnation of Roger
Daltrey?

After a taking a close look at some of Roger Daltrey's solo albums,
particurly the one where he has morphed the lower part of his body
into that of a horse (some mythological creature that I'm to lazy to
remember), I've come to realize that I've misled you all with my claims
of having Roger Daltrey's hair. I'm afraind it's closer to to Chris
Hillman's
hair circa the third Flying Burittos Brothers album.  And I'm also afraid
report that I had a good chunk of it cut off today. Oh well, It'll grow
back.
I certainly hope it does. I'm getting old. (Teachers liking the Smiths?)

Thinking of Chris Hillman...leads me to Gene Clark, with a wonderful
new double CD out, which reminds me of the Field Mice double CD
that I bought the same day, which upon closer inspection I realized
that the Field Mice were in existence the exact four years that I spent
in high school. That somehow makes it all that much more special.

Its time for dreams....

Carrick