Sinister: Friday Freak Out!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Oct 30 10:22:39 GMT 1998

First of all, a big thank you to Reid for taking the time to
write that monster message. It gave me quite a hearty
chuckle, and enabled me to continue my virtual stalking of
Mad Dog Murdoch. I really should start writing this stuff
down. It'll make things much easier when I settle down to
compile my Beatles-style Belle and Sebastian Rock'n'Roll
Diary.

OCTOBER 29 1998: Isobel blew her nose outside the tour bus
lavatory, and was later accosted by two fans in a car, who
reminded her a bit of that wierdo in Silence of the Lambs.

She should've hopped in, Debbie Harry's got plenty of
mileage from her Al Bundy story.

Down to business. After trying all night to wallpaper my
room with the sound of The Skatalites, at around half past
six this morning I was visited by the spectre of Stuart
Murdoch, a vision, if you will. he asked if he could stay
awhile and I said that yes he could if he wanted to, and
explained what I was trying to do. He seemd intersted, but
was pale and unsteady, as ghosts so often are. He then
decided to teach me the words to his new song "Oh! Lord
Anthony". The Skatalites joined in from the odd places where
the wallpaer had actually stuck. Here are the words:

T-4-2,
I love you,
You're a very special robot,
You can walk,
You can talk,
You can tell me lovely stories,
You can sing,
You can PLAAAAAAAAAY!
You can do what I say,
You're a very special robot,
You're my friend.

According to Stuart, the band's wierd watermelons section
would be employed in the production of R2D2 noises
throughout the song, something The Skatalites couldn't quite
capture. But Stuart and the resurrected Don Drummond got on
like a house on hotcakes.

Christopher Leonard, you promised us a full gibbering of the
String Band shindig today. Don't think I haven't been
looking forward to it, becasuse I have.

Duke's book is still good, even though he slags off
Hawkwind.

I believe Yul Brynner has commandeered Ooon's computer
again, so she might not be able to answer.

Peter