Sinister: oh... lots

Honey honey at xxx.net
Sat Oct 31 23:25:12 GMT 1998

Kenny wrote:

> I just went to have a quick look at the sinister homepage, and I
> found it has been updated with the update about todays happening
> telling me something about possible relocation of the list.

Yes, I'm moving the mailing list to Alaska.  You will all have to
wear red underwear and speak in Estonian to use it, and if any
message doesn't contain with word "Tobleronesqe" it will
automatically be rejected by the mail server software I'm afraid.
It's a bug.

There's twice as many of you juicy succulent heart-achingly beautiful
listees as there was a bit ago when I was having palpitations.  But
you're all worth it.  So I'm exploring some options to relocate the
mailing list to somewhere without quite the same pants-down
embarrassment possibilities for me and looking at a few kind offers
from people.  If I do move it, don't worry, you'll hardly know, and
I'll make sure it stays completely independent, because that's the
point.  You won't even have to move your coffee table.

With so many mails I have too much to natter about here for my
fingers to keep up with - but I've got to say thanks to Reid for the
fabulous email about the Athens gig and his subsequent street-based
shenanigans. Can we have more of these gig reports?  Me and Splat
would like that.  I'd also like to add that I'm now dying to hear the
band's paean to the 70s parka, Lord Anthony, but I couldn't possibly
condone anyone taping it live, especially if they sent me a copy.

Someone nice from Ireland asked about France Gall and a few people
like Xavier replied - just to back that up, get the 4CD set if you
can, it's fabulous (CDs 2 and 4 make me go gooey), and if not I'd get
the LP "1968" - didn't Peter Miller mention this as one of the things
he didn't buy?  Tsk.

Someone else tsked too, about an offer to pay over the odds for a
tape on the list.  I'm sorry to be a sulky thing but he/she was
right, please keep this list squeaky clean for my sake and don't
mention cash unless it's to cover stamps, tapes or sexual favours.

Carrick - yes I believe it IS "our Oon" on Blueboy's LP - isn't that
nice?  She did their hair for the video.  Dukey mentioned Blueboy in
his book which I also now have in my grubby hands.  It's a poptastic
cornucopia of pop packed from cover to cover with popness and
popticity.  His knowledge of The Partridge Family's early years knows
no bounds.

Stuart G - tall and splendid you may be, but I think you're wrong
about the Century of Elvis debate.  It all took place on this list
not the embryonic Coolist I think - look for "broccoli" in the search
engine and you'll find it, and maybe spell it wrong because I never
can get the hang of it.  Vegetables?  Pah.

Sorry to everyone in the US for that display of the best of british
from the computer hijacker - you know we love you really.  Please
don't go and take it out on the alleged offender though as suggested
- we'll only risk another mail to the list.

I'm in help-mum-with-the-washing-up mode so here's another one from
TFertig3 at aol.com:

> In the press photograph (where they're all sitting in rows) on
> the B&S jeepster page, who is who?  Every picture I see of them,
> they look different!

We've done this before, but I bet it's tricky to find in the
archives. Select (December) in their interesting four-page B&S spread
actually do the kind favour of picking it apart for you and naming
names for us in the UK - none of them look much like them but if it's
helpful to anyone... Stuart David's at the back making bored poo-poo
noises, then there's Stevie and Chris copying his maths homework,
then Isobel and Sarah, then Mick thinking about what he's having for
his tea, and then Stuart reading Ezekiel and the top of Richard's
head.

Finally you're all deeply loved and those shoes really suit you.
Please keep on being good and cuddly while I'm poorly, remember to
keep the list special and help it by thinking what you post before
you send it, and try sending fewer big mails rather than loads of
little ones (it matters), and generally have a nice time, ok?  We're
going to have a competition next week for anecdotes of the form "I
sang songs to Andrew Lloyd-Webber in ... and he ..." and because
FunkySeb's made me giggle in bed this morning, he will win.

Honey xxx