Sinister: A Little Something

MATTHEW WIMBURY m.wimbury at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 2 21:40:21 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Well hi all..
		I've been on the list for a couple of months but until
now have been yet to put in an appearance. I of course am a huge B+S
fan, otherwise wouldn't be here. Unfortunately I'm not going to any
of the gigs due to a lack of one near where I live and the fact that
I'm skint but I'll be expecting comprehensive reports of them on this
list. I have everything that's been released so far, and as for the new
album I've heard a couple of tracks, my favourite being "It Could Have
Been A Brilliant Career" which I can't stop singing to myself. I can't
wait for the album, less than a week now!
		I'd just like to end this first short transmission with
a mention for the Bluetones, or at least their first album, which is
lovely stuff and shouldn't be lumped in with everything some of you
consider to be second rate indie shite because they're not, or at least
they weren't. Oh yeah, and I agree that Air and Kid Loco are fantastic
as well, and I'd love someone to get in touch if they'd like to tape the
Kid Loco album for me.
		Hang on, I keep thinking of new stuff....about
converting people to B+S fans, I keep trying to do it too. Since my ex
got me into them about 16 months ago I have converted several people,
easiest being my current girlfriend who's French, who spotted their
loveliness straight away. I have yet to convert a few more but I'm
working on it. However we shall all be aided by the press from now on
who seem finally to have leapt upon them with their collective praise
at last a couple of years too late. How the NME could give "If You're
Feeling Sinister" 4/10 (or was it 3) was totally beyond me......
		Anyhow, bye for now....

Matt.