Sinister: goodnight from me

Richard Hutt harrypalmer66 at xxx.com
Wed Sep 2 23:33:03 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Goodnight sweet list, for I must take my leave. I will miss you all
terribly, your words have too frequently offered cultural and emotional
succor in a arid and frankly horrid office. Well, my job likes me about
as much as I like it, so we have agreed to part, citing only "musical
differences." Unfortunately in the ensuing custody battle I have lost
the only product of our union that has brought me any joy - the
computer, and hence the list.

I'll still be checking in from the outside world from time to time, so
any "good riddance to bad rubbish" and "where's my god-damned tape you
conniving shyster?" ,messages will reach me eventually. Out of interest,
so would any "keep your chin up, it's only a job" and "would you like to
come back to London and live in Fitzrovia in my empty flat, and make a
film about Jeffrey Bernard?" type messages.

For my parting summary of matters listish, I would only like to comment
on the fact that as much as I love that band that is sometimes
mentioned, on the whole the list is at it's best, like all good writing,
when it digresses. Please continue to waffle about French films and your
holidays and poor train service - in it's way, it says more about B&S
than three pages of notes on that flugelhorn solo.

I hope to see some of you in the real world sometime. Oh, what am I
saying, "real world" - this has at times been much better than that.

Love, and a slightly awkward hug

Richard

P.S. any L.A. types who still want to do the listening party next week
email me - Ryan, Raechel, and anyone else who has the nerve to enter a
car full of strangers whose only common bond is that band and a desire
to drive up PCH listening to the new elpee.

P.P.S. if there's any news about West Coast dates, would someone
remember to let me know? Although now I'm unemployed, maybe I'll come
East....geography experts - which would be the nearest city?

Petc. - Andreas the tapes are on their way. I hope you dig the Flat
Earth Society.