Sinister: amphibian runaround

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Sep 2 23:50:45 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Lots of people have talked about the Maryhill concerts by now,
including Fluffy Starry from our kitchen, so I'm not going to go on
and rub your wee cute button noses in it.  It was dead good though,
the only hitch being the lack of Sweet handclaps on The Boy (I don't
think they had any hands left).  I got only two songs in my entry to
Chris's competition.  Sarah called Stuart David a smellie wee boy to
his face and he didn't punch her.  Oon gave the band a lovely Thai
picture of two blokes riding chickens in a forest.  Linda got called
Karen.  Stuart Murdoch took us all on a two minute diversion from the
stage about "Mike Read's Runaround" (for those not called "Peter
Miller" it was a UK kids TV programme in the 80s).  He concluded we
were all "too young" when we didn't respond to jokes about orange
balls.  Linda and I coughed a little.

In this weeks NEWS spot we have some NEWT NEWS, entirely justified by
the on-topic nonsense above.  The REAL Sinister babies have arrived -
just before yesterday's concert Linda went to clean the newties tank,
because it's all green and there are beer cans sprinkled all over the
gravel, and she found two little tadpoley things with what appear to
be frilly hats.  No wonder Thelma and Bob were quiet the other day
when we had some Sinisterines looking in - they were *resting*.
Because I'm a forlorn romantic, I reckon they were born last Thursday
- Sinister birthday day.  So, Audrey and Terry, welcome to the list.
We had a very Belle and Sebastian moment today in Waterstones on
Princes Street, reading about newt mating dances, with Sarah
excitedly pointing out the really-rather-rude mating dances and Linda
exchanging rude newt anatomical words (e.g. "clacoa").

Oh and if anyone's expecting to buy any decent records in Glasgow in
the next 6 months, forget it.  After three days' shopping, Oon's got
them all in her bag.

OK I'm going to post a separate message about wanting two tickets for
gigs so you'll all see it.  For now I'll leave you with an
observation from Sarah - amidst all the B&S reviews and usual
ephemera in this week's press (including a cracking artist's
impression of Stuart Smirnoff sans knickers), on page 10 of the MM
you'll see a "What's It All About" article about... "List Songs".
The big lazy gits nicked it from OUR list!  There's apparently a lot
of your own examples on there. Next week expect "What's It All
About... Newt Mating Dances on Mike Read's Runaround".

Possibly.

honey xxxx