Sinister: nyc picnic! and other fun events that weekend

Ciflux at xxx.com Ciflux at xxx.com
Thu Sep 3 16:10:15 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Can I just say I'm excited at the prospect of a proper Belle & Sebastian
picnic in NYC?  I've missed both previous attempts.  I will certainly be
there, hopefully with my wonderful fiancee (and fellow seldom-posting Sinister
listmember) Callie.  We've been in both a picnicking mood *and* a Belle &
Sebastian mood lately.

If you're looking to make a weekend of it, please note that Ed and Jill of
Shelflife Records are having a show/party at their Brooklyn apartment on the
19th.  The show is called "September Set" and will feature 8 bands, including
Poundsign, Aisler's Set, Lucksmiths, the I Live The Life Of A Movie Star
Secret Hideout, and more that I can't remember off the top of my head.  The
festivities start at 3 pm that afternoon, it's cheap to get in, and all ages
will be admitted.  Check www.shelflife.com for more info.

I always feel pressure to be chatty and a bit wistful on the rare occasion
that I have to post to Sinister.  I guess I'll just get back to work, then...

mike appelstein
ciflux at aol.com
http://members.aol.com/ciflux