Sinister: nyc picnic! and other fun events that weekend

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Thu Sep 3 16:51:35 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Ciflux at aol.com wrote:
> Can I just say I'm excited at the prospect of a proper Belle &
> Sebastian picnic in NYC?  I've missed both previous attempts.  I will > certainly be there, hopefully with my wonderful fiancee (and fellow
> seldom-posting Sinister listmember) Callie.  We've been in both a
> picnicking mood *and* a Belle & Sebastian mood lately.

	Heh, I think I'll be there! I had kind of assumed I'd never make it to
a picnic, but as luck would have I'll be there instead of in Ohio...
Hooray for picnics! Too bad I can't bake some cookies or something...

> If you're looking to make a weekend of it, please note that Ed and
> Jill of Shelflife Records are having a show/party at their Brooklyn
> apartment on the 19th.  The show is called "September Set" and will
> feature 8 bands, including Poundsign, Aisler's Set, Lucksmiths, the I > Live The Life Of A Movie Star Secret Hideout, and more that I can't > > remember off the top of my head.

	You've forgotten the Still (ex-Ropers), Monterey, and most importantly,
the Fairways, who are very big Belle & Sebastian fans themselves. Very
fondly do I recall visiting Brent Fairway in San Francisco, and singing
songs from Sinister with him and my travelmates. Hehe, he was the only
one who knew the words to all the second verses ;) The rest of us need
the lyric sheet *blush*. Anyway, I haven't seen them with a full lineup,
but they have many wonderful songs, and they did record a B&S cover,
even though we'll probably never get to hear it... So, maybe they'll do
it live, who knows. I'm hoping they cover the Field Mice this time
around too...

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com