Sinister: Ranting on about London again...

Eddie Santini out of "The Bill" biondino at xxx.com
Tue Sep 1 12:23:42 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Hello you all,

As coincidence would have it, little Nickie Dastoor, who I haven't sexually harassed for, ooh, weeks now, has
spookily reappeared in a murky corner of my life, so I thought I'd just let it be known in front of you all
that even the fates (and the long arm of the law) can't keep us apart, Nickie! You'll be pleased to hear I'm
now on remand, and that restraining order ain't worth the paper it's written on...

Shame the "wearing name badges for the gigs" idea never came to fruition - I expect I'm going to be wandering
about West London in a loved-up daze, introducing myself to people regardless, and hoping that they're not
going to smack me in the mouth (hiya Fluffy!) but instead (hypothetically) embrace me in the all-conquering
love of the Belle and the Sebastians experience. I can't wait!!!

There are already several of us intending to move into the Shepherds Bush area dead early - am I assuming that
the soulless but convenient Firkin pub next door is the best place to meet? Unless it's a lovely day, in which
case it has to be the green outside the pub, surely? Anyway, is anyone specifically organising anything, or is
it just a turn up when you can thing? Suits me either way - but do try and come as early as you can, cos from 4
or so onwards the beer'll be flowing, we'll be getting the verses the wrong way round in "The State I am in"
(you know who you are...) and conversations of chord changes and poetry will be supplanted by an
all-encompassing state of Feeling Like Heaven. Yes they will!

God, how exciting is this? I don't half envy those who have already experienced the joy, especially the lucky
beggars going for the straight flush, but there's something kind of nice about it being a one off (does that
sound convincing? No, didn't think so). Oh, and one other thing - if someone does respond to a previous query
and post the track listings from previous concerts, could you make it known in the header as I don't want to
have a clue what might or might not be played - it's my version of refusing to hear the songs on the radio, I
suppose. Thank you very much.

I can't believe what the Melody Maker said about Dirty Dream. Why oh why? Okay, it does sound a bit like
McAlmont and Bernie, but so, so much better...And I wouldn't exactly call A Summer Wasting an "instant classic"
- I reckon it sounds a bit like the Levellers near the end...

But I've talked too much (no kidding?), so I'll see a thousand of you on Monday...
Groovy love,
Mark xxx