Sinister: "CD early in stock" / NY PICNIC

brian bcw4977 at xxx.edu
Thu Sep 3 19:32:00 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 OLDSCHREC at aol.com wrote:

> Perhaps we shouldn't have put the disc out since it is not available till
> Tuesday here in the states but we've sold used promos since a month ago
> so...oh well.

Are you just mental? Do you not realize that the record company reads this
list? I bet they're psyched to hear you're jumping the gun on the release
date. although i don't think anyone cares about the promo bit.

***

Anyway, on to nicer things. like, for instance, the new york picnic.
matthew (mphintz at aol.com), who has taken up the mantle of picnic
impresario, hasn't planned much beyond the date just yet, although
tompkins square is still looking like the spot despite racheee's protests
for riverside. Anybody have objections? I know there are lots of homeless
people there but we can scare them away with our pasty librarian-esque
countenances. And at least it will be downtown, near, you know, most of
the belle and sebastian fans, yet far away from the dopy ravers playing
hacky sack at washington square.

the suggested time was 2pm, but it's hardly set in stone. oh and yes
everyone should bring food and drinks and snacks and perhaps face paints
so we can dress up like circus animals. the day is rife with possibility.
especially since it seems like people might be showing up this time! and
if for some odd reason this is anyone's first notice of the picnic, the
date is sunday, september 20th, right after ed's fabulous Saturday
September Set in brooklyn.

oh, and janine -- i was up at sheep's meadow on that ill fated day too and
didn't see a soul. very, very suspicious. one for unsolved mysteries i
suppose.

la la la
brian
bcw4977 at is2.nyu.edu / bcwinters at aol.com