Sinister: Runarooooooooooound NOW!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Sep 3 14:53:29 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Doctor Paul wrote:

Stuart Murdoch took us all on a two minute diversion from the
>stage about "Mike Read's Runaround" (for those not called "Peter
>Miller" it was a UK kids TV programme in the 80s).  He concluded we
>were all "too young" when we didn't respond to jokes about orange
>balls.  Linda and I coughed a little.

Not only was it a fantastic telly treat, it was also a smashing quiz book. I
bought it in WHSmiths in Canaervon/Canaerfffffon (?), for ages afterwards I
thought WHSmiths was a good shop. Just to elaborate a little on Doctor
Paul's description, Runaround was a bit like Twister, only with questions.
It was presented by Cockney Wanker from Viz. The game Twister, not the film.

on page 10 of the MM
>you'll see a "What's It All About" article about... "List Songs".
>The big lazy gits nicked it from OUR list!  There's apparently a lot
>of your own examples on there. Next week expect "What's It All
>About... Newt Mating Dances on Mike Read's Runaround".

It's not the first time we've been plundered, is it? I remember Uncle
Trousers pointing out a similar case of grand list larceny some time ago.
Let's try and throw them off the scent....

Here's another of those ironic song combinations..oh dear...I can hardly
type for tittering...the kids will love this....OH LORD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING
TO ME AND THE MAJOR? by BIG MAY-BELLE AND SEBASTIAN!!!! Oh no! I've wet
myself...

The newt tank's a fine and private place, but no kingfishers, I think, do
there embrace. Today I saw Mister Kingfisher again, and he tried to throw me
off the trail by darting under the bridge and flying upstream. Undeterred, I
followed quietly. I saw it by standing by the side of the stream in the
distance, so I stood stock still and waited. And waited. And waited..... A
few  minutes later it transpired that I had been patiently waiting for an
empty Nestea can to fly off. What a silly billy!

Thanks to Andrew for the reviews. That Melody Maker one is poo, but at least
NME were nice. I was fully expecting a lengthy vendetta from them.

Starsky and Hutch