Sinister: UPDATE: gig meet up details

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Fri Sep 4 11:41:55 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

ok, here are all the details i have on all of the meet ups that i know
of in the UK.
there is a page with these on which is prettier and can be printed for
reference, you can find it at
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/news/meetup.htm

NOTE: these details may require updating, if so and you can help, then
please reply to this message via the list and keep the subject the same,
this will enable people to find the updates easily within the archive :)

--

*gig meet ups*

arrangements to meet each other and have extended this as an open
invite for anyone who wants to come along.

the general idea is that it will give you a place to go if you're there
early, people to drink and laugh with who also love belle and sebastian,
and
maybe a place to go afterwards to dance the night away.

these details were all written on the morning of the 4th september, they
may not be correct on the day of the gigs, please check the sinister
archives for any last minute updates.

so in chronological order here are the plans for the UK gig meet ups.

*leeds - 4th september*

this is far and away the most organised of the meets. from about 5pm-ish
we will be gravitating towards the 'Whitelocks' pub, which is about
2 minutes walk from the venue.

directions to the pub : Turn left out of the railway station and walk up
to the corner of City Square. Turn right along Boar Lane, and wander
along there for a couple of
hundred yards, until you see McDonalds on your left. Mcdonalds is on the
corner of Boar Lane and Briggate. Turn left up Briggate. The Whitelocks
is in an alleyway on the
left as you walk up the Hill, opposite Debenhams. The Whitelocks is the
only thing in the alley. There is a sign outside the pub, which says
'Whitelocks'.

If you're coming from the other side of town, find the St John's
shopping centre. Remember to have a look at the sometimes excellent
Jumbo Records while you're there.
>From St John's go into Dortmund Square, which is a little pedestrian
square with a statue of a fat fellow holdng a barrel. at the opposite
end of the square from the St
John's Centre is the Headrow. Turn left down the headrow, and take the
second right into Briggate. Going down the hill, the Whitelocks is in an
alleyway on the right,
opposite Debenhams. The Whitelocks is the only thing in the alley. There
is a sign outside the pub, which says 'Whitelocks'. Avoid a pub called
'The Ship' which is also up
an alleyway on the same street. It's a bit rough (same goes for the pub
next to the venue!).

To get to the venue from the Whitelocks, leave the Whitelocks and turn
left up Briggate. The City Varieties is in a little street off Briggate
called Swan Street. It's a little
way up the hill from The Whitelocks on the same side of the road. If you
get as far as The Odeon Cinema, you've gone too far.

you'll be able to spot us very easily, descriptions are not needed!

after the gig we'll be grooving to the sounds of northern
soul/indie/miscellaneous sixties beats at 'Brighton Beach'. if you keep
your ticket
stub (from the gig) you'll be let into the club for the members price of
£4 (usual price £5).

directions to the club : To get to it from the venue, turn out of Swan
Street on to The Briggate. Turn right down the Briggate until you come
to McDonalds. Turn Right along
Boar Lane and walk along to the train station. Turn left at the road
before the station and follow the road around to the left, club is next
to pub called The Rocket. It's
about 5-10 mins walk from City Varieties.

*nottingham - 5th september*

no-one contacted me with meet details before i left London to do the
merchandise and stuff, as such i have no idea what is happening here.

before the gig i guess that we'll all be meeting at the closest pub to
the venue! as we're really that predictable :)

after the gig there is a DJ from Glasgow's 'Divine' club, he's very cool
and you can be guaranteed that the band will dance the night away too.
though this does end quite early (1am) it should suffice in the lack of
other plans.

*london - 7th september*

this is probably the simplest, before the gig we'll be meeting at the
'Fringe and Firkin' pub which is to the left of the venue (you can't
miss
it). we'll be there from around 4:30pm and having finally earnt a bit of
time off will be joining everyone in the pub after that time, i guess
most
people will turn up circa 6:30pm.

after the gig we were fairly stuck, there really aren't that many cool
clubs in london on a monday night. but our search lead us to 'Trash'
which is at Plastic People, 39 Oxford St and requires that you catch a
tube from Shepherds Bush to Tottenham Court Road (Central Line).
again,anyone showing their ticket stubs will be let in for the flyer
price and won't have to foot the full price.

any changes to the London details will be announced on an ansaphone from
sunday 6th sept in the evening, simply call 0181 560 1815 after
that time.

--

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list