Sinister: Nottingham/Leeds parallels

JJ johnj at xxx.com
Sun Sep 6 16:44:27 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

duke of harringay wrote:

> jon g. wrote:
> > It was way too hot and we were all packed in and we couldn't breath

It was this way at Leeds too. Inside the City Varieties Hall it was
dead hot and slightly unpleasant.

> > Belle & Sebastian were *wicked*.
>
> they played well, but you couldn't hear them.

In Leeds they sounded good, nice and clear. You could hear everything.
Especially those wankers at the right at the back who shouted to each
other during the whole thing. Did you get hecklers at Nottingham?
In Leeds there was this fuckwit who kept shouting at Stuart.

> > Elliot Smith was OK.
>
> elliot smith was very dull.

I didn't like Elliot Smith in Leeds. All his songs sounded the same
and they were really boring. Best bit was when he put down a heckler
with a neat little "I've brought you a present from New York" line.

Has anyone posted about Leeds yet? I can't remember. They didn't play
enough new stuff I reckon. The best bit was when Tag showed me a photo
of him and a horse. Oh, and we met the lovely Nick Dastoor. And it's
always a pleasure being near Keith M Watson.

Byeee!
JJ
xx