Sinister: Nottingham & Leeds, f'chrissakes

pamela berry pamelab at xxx.com
Sun Sep 6 19:52:36 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Well, loathe as I am to post anything to do with B&S or real, actual
events to this list, I've just scanned the most relevant of the last
40-odd posts and I just have to write...

I simply cannot believe people are moaning or damning with faint praise
the weekend's gigs.  Leeds was astonishing; I'm 30 years old and I've
been to more live music events than I care to remember, and this,
friends, was numero uno.  I've never seen anything better in my life.  A
beautiful venue too... a genuine all-seated music hall with, hey, two
(count 'em) balconies, tucked away down a little alley.

Nottingham - ok, too hot, pretty poor acoustically and difficult for
anyone under 5'8" to see anything.  But, still, I feel the band
transcended the awkwardness of the surroundings.  Not a single song was
repeated from the previous night (I'm sure someone more diligent than I
will ultimately post the full set-lists), and yet you really couldn't
say it was a weaker performance.  Extraordinary.

Apologies to those whose experiences did not parallel mine; being in the
vicinity of the sort of pricks whose brains seize up if they don't keep
shouting at each other is usually enough to ruin any occasion (I think
this explains the 'too quiet' complaints regarding Saturday; it was fine
up front, terribly frustrating further back - I know, I made my move
forwards a minute into an almost inaudible 'The State I Am In').

Aside from the magic wrought by the band, how lovely it was to meet
everyone... big up the Sinister massive (I'd name names but I'd only
leave someone out and be wracked by guilt until... ooh, at least
Monday).

Y'know, they really are the best band in the world.  It's so clear to me
now...

Mike.