Sinister: Back in Paris

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Sun Sep 6 22:17:23 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Well, that's it... I've just arrived in Paris, after four days spent in
England, four of the most wonderful days, I must say. I dont know what
you've all thought about the gigs : I was too lazy to read your posts,
and I thought it would be more spontaneous to tell you what I loved,
liked and disliked during these four days without reading my mails.

So. as I said before, I think I've just spent four of the most wonderful
days of my pop life... Four days discovering railways in England (trains
arrived on time, I was surprised) ; discovering Leeds and Nottingham (I
thought they would be uglier, I was surprised too) ; wandering in Camden
Lock when I arrived in London on the first day of my journey ; meeting
lovely people (I'll come back to this later on) ; being interviewed and
photographied by the Melody Maker in Leeds and then in Nottingham and
then on the train from Nott to London (the journalist -a nice guy by the
way- was interested by the fact we were coming especially from France to
see Belle & Sebastian) ; discovering that Elliott Smith travels in the
first class, even if he still wears his blue hat ;  speaking with Stuart
Murdoch at the end of the gig in Leeds and realizing he's a very nice
guy, not especially shy ; realizing I was too shy to accept to be
introduced to Isobel who was dancing in Nottingham... well you
understand what I mean.
I loved the two gigs as well : they were totally different, they cant be
compared, actually. The first one was marvelous as far as the sound and
the music are concerned : Stuart does have the voice of an angel (have
you ever seen an angel sing? Well, it's easy, angels have the same voice
as him), Mick Cooke was really ace with his trumpet, and the music was
perfect. So clear and pure... In Nottingham, they were as excellent as
the day before. Well, maybe it was too hot ; maybe the venue was too big
; but when you were standing near the stage, you forgot all these
drawbacks... and Isobel sung a wonderful cover, "Poupée de cire, poupée
de son"... and they played "The loneliness of the middistance runner"...

(just after a short break to have diner)

In fact, I read one of the messages : the Duke's... You are
disappointed, dear Duke, and I see your point. As far as I am concerned,
I'm disappointed by one only thing : I was too shy to introduce myself
to the members of the list. I met some of them in Leeds before the gig
(I especially remember Nick Dastoor, Julia, Sarah, and... Mike, is it
your name? Or was it Mick? Oh god, he seemed so nice, and I've forgotten
his name! Shame on me... Will you forgive me? ) The others seemed nice
too, but i didnt dare and tell them "hi, I'm Stephane from Paris, you
dont know me because I scarcely post on the list, but I do know you and
I love you all"...

It's late now, I've got to sleep... Take care

Stephane
--
Visitez le Tweeclub sur http://www.chez.com/tweeclub

"If the sun going down can make me cry