Sinister: B&S Apparel in the US?/Paraphenalia in general

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 7 10:46:21 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Mick McMick wrote:

> Hullo,
>         Just inquiring as to whether or not we Americans are going to be privy
> to the same sort of wondrous items (i.e. shirts, posters, badges,
> B&S-brand arab straps) as the kind that are being sold at the UK gigs? I
> so want to parade around town with "Belle & Sebastian" emblazoned upon
> my chest. See Mr. Milkman? How about them apples, store clerk. You wish
> you had a shirt like this too, fellow student? Well, it's a shame you
> didn't see them... Well, that's *if* we can get them...

we will be trying to sort out getting t-shirts to the states, it is
unlikely that we'll be supplying mugs or badges though. also, katrina
and i won't be selling merchandise in the states or europe as, quite
simply, the merchandise would never be able to pay for the cost of our
time off, travel and accomodation!

>         I do wonder, though, what other B&S-related paraphenalia might we
> purchase? An alarm with a "Sleep Around the Clock" button? "Ease Your
> Feet into the Epsom Salt"? "Lazy Back Massager Jane"? "Photo
> Jenny"-brand cameras? "Le Pastie de la Bourgeosie"-creampuffs? A
> "Pocketbook Angel" notebook? Or Perhaps a notebook with "We Rule the
> School" emblazoned upon it. Hm, I'd best quit before I get *REALLY*
> bad...  But until B&S write a song called "I Can't Believe It's Not
> Butter," we'll be stuck guessing at the potential commercial
> possibilities.

one of the things we've been thinking of making is one of those little
snow-storms things that you shake to make the snow fall. then we can
have a little title emblazoned round the side "the fox in the
snow-storm"

:)

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list