Sinister: trouble with new album?

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Mon Sep 7 11:12:28 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

um, having worked for 7 hours yesterday (unpaid overtime, still, it
gets me out of the house...) i decided to take an hour or so and pop
into town this morning cos there was some record by some band or other
new out. anyway, i picked it up (along with the new mojave 3 single
(not as good as the last one, still rather pleasant though) and the
new helen love single) and took it to the counter and she scanned it
and it beeped, she scanned it again and it beeped again. tried putting
the number in by hand and it beeped again. she looked it up in the
other computer (they have 36 copies (35 now!) in hemel hempstead
virgin meagrestore if that's of interest to anyone) and tried that
number and it beeped again. she ended up writing it down on a scrap of
paper. i'm just worried that this isn't a local thing and that
there'll be hundreds of sales that go unrecorded the length and
breadth of the country and the album doesn't do as well as it should
and susannah's prophecies come true...

so, i now have a real copy of the lp, nice cd booklet full of pictures
and all. but i also have this superstition about not listening to a
band's music the day before seeing them live (they're playing a gig in
london tonight, is anyone going?) so i can't really listen to it until
tomorrow... sigh.

duke:
[nottingham was full of wankers and they oughta play smaller places]
>Does anyone understand what i'm saying? i guess it comes down
>to: the really 'dedicated' fans would have got their shit together
>and got tickets for a venue half the size and all the hangers on who
>probably just went cos it was meant to be 'hip' or something (i
>dunno, i'm making this up as i go) would have been left out in the
>cold, and that's just fine.

except, of course, that selling half as many tickets means half as
much income (or the tickets have to be twice as expensive). but yes,
intimate venues are better naturally. um, i've just realised that duke
was complaining about a 500 seater venue being too large when tonight
they play a 2000 seater venue...

oh um, back to the grindstone...
andy

i've also noticed that going to town on the bus around 9 in the
morning the bus is always full of old women. why do they always need
to be in town as soon as everything opens? don't they realise they
have All The Time In The World and oughta leave the early buses for
people with more important things to do? pah!
==
andrew dean (koogydelbbog at yahoo.com)