Sinister: re: trouble... (and observer review)

andrew dean koogydelbbog at xxx.com
Mon Sep 7 11:28:32 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

and having just mentioned the new mojave 3 single (which got better
later on) i open it up and inside it says:

>mick cooke - trumpet
>recorded at cava studios glasgow, by tony doogan

spooky...

another review:

observer, 6th september, barbara ellen(?)

unrepentant champions of jangling acoustic indiedom, the scottish band
offers few innovations on their third album. a pity, since on the
occasional track not subjected to boy-scout production standards, say
'sleep the clock around', their wispy rock threatens to come fully
alive. otherwise their proudly humdrum songs - 'hello small town,
hello big aeroplane' - lie limp as a Highland hotel salad.

um, so they're an acoustic band. so all those eletric guitars and
organs are figments of my deranged mind... i'm not entirely sure the
Highland hotel will be too pleased either. also, on my last trip to
america we had to board the plane on the runway using one of those
stair things and it was the first time i'd seen a plane i was
travelling on up that close and i was struck by how small it was...

there's no little story on the sleeve of the new lp 8( i do like the
grumpy sounding thanks to the writer of the original b&s stories though.

more dinnertime
andy
==
andrew dean (koogydelbbog at yahoo.com)