Sinister: Barcode Ellen

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Mon Sep 7 12:39:12 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Barbara Ellen has fashioned an entire career out of being profoundly
wrong about every single significant musical event of the past 10
years.  I could give examples, but I can't be bothered.  'Boy-scout
production' ?  It's practically audiophile, for God's sake.  Deaf
*and* stupid.  (I really shouldn't be quite so riled by ignorant
rockcrits, but this is Belle And Sebastian and I *refuse* to see the
other point of view).

The woman at Our Price (Victoria station branch - 7:45am !) had
trouble swiping the bar-codes on my CD and cassette copies too -
eventually resorted to processing dummy cases that they seemed to have
stacked on the shelves next to the actual albums.  Which leaves us
facing the prospect of enormous first-week sales and no chart position
whatsoever.  How very B&S.  No precious 180g black slabs yet though -
they "don't do vinyl" here in Crawley...

Mike (not Pam, as I may have misleadingly suggested last night...)