Sinister: re: some things

brad parachute at xxx.net
Tue Sep 8 02:13:28 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

i don't get mad easily. especially by people i don't even know. well, i
went off on the magnetic fields list a while back...but that's a
different story.

i have a problem with the following:

"I think there's just too many people UP themselves
about their music, it's not music any more it's a credibility race and I
think that smells."

i personally am hoping to gain loads of new friends by voicing an
opinion on a record. just the other day i was walking down the street
and out of nowhere i scream "BON JOVI IS CRAP!!!" a couple people patted
me on the back and said, "damn, you're cool....and also quite credible."

and:

"I think there's no point nit picking for something you
don't like so you can be a cool wanker, going "ah ys well I don't like
THAT one, the rest of it's OK though", when you should be happy to
scream" wowsers" this is prety damn brilliant and every song is great!"

but what if one song stinks? must you like it because of who it is.
THAT'S a sign of a "credibility" issue.

and, finally:

"I dunno, is it my age, am I just a wee thing at 17 and don't know how
things should be?"

yeah.

i never said the album is crap. it's quite possibly (along with
lambchop) the best album this year. and i think duke was right on.
there's too many a-sides onthe album. not that you should have good
song, crap song, okay song, great song in that order. but too many "up"
points doesn't make for an even album. sinister was like one big song
divided in ten parts. the new one is like three e.p.'s combined onto one
disc. but at the same time, the songs themselves are fucking brilliant.

wasting my time,
brad