Sinister: B&S club play

Shaft CrimsonKing at xxx.net
Tue Sep 8 08:36:26 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

        A few weeks ago somebody sent a post asking about Brit-pop clubs in
Los Angeles, and obviously Cafe Bleu was the one mentioned by all that
responded.  While I have been going for a few months now, they played B&S
for the first time last week, "Photo Jenny" to be exact.  The DJ was a lady
whom I congratulated on throwing in such little gems as B&S and Super Furry
Animals along with the usual (but still great) Cafe Bleu dose of Pulp, Blur,
Stone Roses, and other Brit super powers of the '90s.  The guy who came on
after her played some classic Bowie and Roxy Music, so the night was cool
all around.
        I know this post was pretty uninteresting to most, but I guess what
I'm trying to say is that those in the LA area have an even better reason to
visit Cafe Bleu now.
        Before I sign off, thanks to this list, I've recently purchased CDs
by Arab Strap and Salako.  While neither match up to B&S IMHO, I'm still
impressed with them in comparison to 99.9% of the pop music we're exposed
to.  I've ordered some Snow Patrol through the mail, but they haven't
arrived yet, so I'll save comment until later.
        Take Care-
                        Andy        #:-)