Sinister: The New Boy...

M.J. Hibbett mjh18 at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 8 10:08:45 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Morning all - just joined up this morning after months of lurking via the
archive, prompted by being at Nottingham on Saturday and getting the record
yesterday...

The gig was GRATE, i've seen them five times now (B&S always seem to bring out
the Manics Fan in me), and apart from the first time this was the best i've seen
them, a million miles away from the appalling shambles of Manchester and closer
to the ROCK MONSTERS in Glasgow.  I was right at the front, so could actually
hear, only impreded by the WOrst Singing Woman ... EVER stood right next to me
who insisted on singing every song VERY loudly and VERY VERY badly. At one point
even Stuart stared at her in astonishment. Still, was B&S so everyone was MUCH
too polite to say anything...

Best bit for me was them doing Belle & Sebastian, but during State I'm In and
Seymour Stein i was WELLING UP, i was quite astonished as i NEVER do this. It
was - hey - all too beautiful.

My Young Lady took a load of photo's, which is another reason i took the plunge
- i anyone wants a copy of her pictures (she does it for a living [tho not of
bands!] so they'll be good) let me know, she's doing them soon, and copies
should be about 3 quid.

Anyway, got the ALBUM yesterday, and after slight worries at the standard of new
songs i was releived to be completely GOT by "It Could Have Been A Beautiful
Career", they lyrics of which completely stunned me. It's my favourite so far,
probably along with "Son Of My Father"...

Cheers,

Mark