Sinister: Please sir, can i have some more?

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 8 13:22:55 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

It's not fair! I want it to be Sept 7th again, so I can be back at the
Shepherd's bush empire, revelling again in the gloriousness that is Belle
and Sebastian, and I could try and get nearer the front so I could hear
them better, and marvel at Neil's wonderful bass playing (bravo Neil, fame
as a musician at last!) and mingle more among you lovely people, because I
definetely didn't do enough. I'm so gutted that I never got to talk to
Keith, to have that 4hr debate on why Xfm was so good etc.

But I met Kevan, who's cool ,and has a Looper t-shirt (and also made all
the right noises when i asked him if he liked my tape - ta!), and loads of
lovely people in the Firkin, and at Plastic People later on, which was just
getting going, getting into University Union disco c.1992 - style, when I
was dragged, kicking and screaming (well, ok, still dancing to Happy
Mondays on Oxford Street) in order to get a lovely 4hrs sleep.

Boy, I've got to write a chapter of my dissertation today, it's going to be
quality stuff, I can tell you!

Who won the copy of Tigermilk then? Was it a sinister person or did it go
'outside' (gasps of shock and horror) Lucky bugger.

What have I got to look forward to now, now that the gig is over, and my
univeristy career is finally at an end? Oh yes, three weeks in Toronto, I
think I'll survive.

Honey, you're such a star for making it possible for us all to meet and
stuff. And David and Katrina do a spiffing job. And the band, the band are
just undescribably great. I think I'm going to cry I'm so happy...I'm
hungover, how can I be this happy, nay, ecstatic?!

Sorry, I got a bit carried away! I'll go now, and leave you to wonder at my
sanity. My Balistic Blueberry Muffin has been complaining that he's been
neglected far too long so I'll have to rectify that,

Vicky xxxx