Sinister: Techno what??

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Sep 8 14:15:25 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

So who else thought that  bizarre mailing about "Boy with Arab Strap's"
mating habits was the best laugh in ages? "Boy with Arab Strap attacked
food but it was too strong and got away" - maybe it's not actually funny
at all, but it certainly tickled me. Either that or it's the details of
all the listee couplings that resulted from the Be and Ess world tour...

If anyone knows what it meant, please let me know...

London, 7/9/98, then. I was SO upset at the lack of volume - I couldn't
have felt less immersed in the music - it was like listening to a poorly
taped copy in the middle of a house party. I am underwhelmed, and even
though it did gte a bit louder towards the end, I still came away from
the venue feeling just a little bit conned. It should have been the best
gig of my life, but it doesn't even make the top ten, and I know it's
cos of the volume. Stupid, I know, but I just got so annoyed being able
to hear my neighbour's (whispered) conversation.

The new album - I'm not so sure. Obviously it's far and away the bets
thing released since IYFS, but what bothers me is the fact that while
Tigermilk has (IMHO) six songs I couldn't live without, and Sinister has
seven, there are only 2 on Towboats that I really, really get excited
about (okay then, 3 if you count Seymour Stein). And I bet you can all
guess to which two I am referring - it seems that this album has
resulted in a lot more consensus about the best songs on it than the
previous ones, which I think can only be a negative thing.

But maybe I've just overlistened. Chissa'.

Biondinetto,