Sinister: The New Boy...

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Tue Sep 8 15:04:43 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

M.J. Hibbett <mjh18 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote ...

>My Young Lady took a load of photo's, which is another reason i took the plunge
>- i anyone wants a copy of her pictures (she does it for a living [tho not of
>bands!] so they'll be good) let me know, she's doing them soon, and copies
>should be about 3 quid.

May I suggest that fellow listees should also send for a copy of the M.J.
Hibbett / Sienna split 7" from the same address ? §;^D

Seriously, the contributions of "The New Boy" are bound to make you smile
and funnily dance around in your room.

"Clubbing In The Week" (is GRATE) was described by one distinguished critic
as "Geoffrey Ingram" having "Parties In Chelsea" with "The Boy In The
Paisley Shirt" while ignoring the fact that the songwriter is not even aware
of the early Television Personalities output. §;^D

"Fucking Hippy" ... how could you miss out on lyrics such as "You hippy,
with your whimsical delusion, that if you grow your hair you can start a
revolution ... you believe in love and peace, but you hate your friends and
you insist on eating meat, you fucking hippy" which musically recalls the
legendary "Orgasm" album by The Pooh Sticks.

Knowing that some of you are lost regarding such comparitive descriptions,
you are well advised to obey the "Support Your Local P!O!P! Underground" notion.

Well, time is very limited these days so I won't bother you with my
assessment of the new album, only thought I'd mention that, contrary to
malicious tongues, I never wrote Melody Maker reviews under a pseudonym. §;^D

"Time Is All I've Seen (Sea Urchins)

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella