Sinister: London will let you down

mjh18 at xxx.uk mjh18 at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 8 16:46:00 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Thanks for the plug Andreas baby, i usually wait a few days until i start
droning on about my stuff...

Anyway, interesting to see that the London gig was the way it was i.e. rammed
pack with London Arseholes more concerned with being SEEN at a gig than actually
BEING there. When i went to the Islington one it was one of the most annoying
gigs EVER because everyone was being so REVERENT. I actually heard people saying
"Just think in years to come we will be able to say we were here" BEFORE they'd
even got into the building! For heaven's sake ... that's no way to see a band. I
know that heckles always sound extra-harsh at a B&S gig, but they're just people
and if every time they play they get the same fawning admiration whether they're
fantastic or woeful then it's all going to go horribly dreary...

Which is not to say Saturday's gig was like that, at all, but one couldn't help
noticing the band's concern when every song was greeted with the same reaction.
Mind you, we should all be so lucky...

Ooh, and another reason i got on the list is something i've been meaning to ask
about for ages - i went to the Glasgow gig of the two cities weekend, just to
see Adventures in Stereo and was completely BLOWN AWAY by B&S, if anyone got
hassled by a drunken English bloke that nigth saying "This! This! This is
FANTASTIC!", well that was me. Anyway, there was a huge van outside with loads
of wires leading in, looking suspiciously like a mobile recording studio thing -
what was that all about then? Is there a tape ANYWHERE of this gig? It was the
best gig of my entire life (er... i believe i even manhandled Stuart as he went
to the bar to say this...) and some recording of it would be nice...

Cheers,

Mark