Sinister: stuart if youre reading this why oh why dont you ever play the state that i'm in whenever we see you. hmm young man. hmm.

Yaz yazansam at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 8 17:38:58 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Jon Johnston, said:
>But that long wait for the band...I reckon they've got rid of the gaps
between songs and saved them up for one big one at the start (boom
boom!). Now I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose but as it was I
thought the atmosphere was poisonous by the time they got on. And the
charming and gentle way they start their set wasn't the sort of thing to
win over the doubters I reckon. Not unlike Russ Abbot (with whom I also
share a passion for wry humour) I like a party with a happy atmosphere
and to start with we really didn't have one and I didn't enjoy that.

and then Markie mark said:

>London, 7/9/98, then. I was SO upset at the lack of volume - I couldn't
have felt less immersed in the music - it was like listening to a poorly
taped copy in the middle of a house party. I am underwhelmed, and even
though it did gte a bit louder towards the end, I still came away from
the venue feeling just a little bit conned. It should have been the best
>gig of my life, but it doesn't even make the top ten.

mmm, well, i was kinda looking forward to it too (i cut short my holiday in
Greece, didn't go to bed the night before, ran to the airport with this
severe jetlag and hangover combination ran trough the Greeen. so clutching
my stomach and turning to my friends i tell them  that even though i'm so
hot i feel as though i'm about to give birth, i think that a Belle and
Sebastian gig is just about the only place in London where the audience
actually tells eachother to (cue low rolling whispher that gathers pace as
more people join in)

....*Sssshhusssshh* ...

and i loved that, but i was still a bit upset that it wasn't like the Union
Chapel thing where everyone was being really cuddly and just plain
Huggable.
so my best friend turns to me and says knowingly,   ahh,   but there's just
something in the way Stuart Murdoch sings. (cue this big fat smile). his
dimples.

yaz