Sinister: relp!

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Tue Sep 8 19:34:27 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Fluffy Candarel wrote:
> Last post, sorry, duke I wasn't having a go at you or anyone on this
> list

so sweet. i always expect people to be having a go at me, i mean i do
try my best.

i loved the way you said what you did, it was just i didn't quite agree
at this point in time. i think the new record is a Pop monster, as
indeed i said already. but i'm not a huge fan of a couple of songs, and
i think that's fine. it's a great collection of songs, but sometimes
that doesn't always make a great album. i'm being pedantic, but so what?
was a time when all i wanted to do was run home in the rain and scream
about how wonderful x or y record was, but you know i kind of got fed up
that no bugger was interested. all they were interested in was repeating
what the music press said and blah blah blah, you know, credibility
something.

these days i'm just a bit more wary maybe. or old, which is probably the
real answer.

> am I just a wee thing at 17 and don't know how things should be?

ha ha! of course you know how things should be, you just don't realise
that the way things are changes over time. it's no big deal, it's not a
case of sell out or anything, it's just change. don't be afraid of
change. if you don't think you're right and everyone else is wrong when
you're 17 then you've failed to learn something vital about Pop. ditto
if you've forgotten that rule when you get to 32.

> Arsebiscuits to that, I think there's just too many people UP themselves

well, i've had that 'criticism' all my life, indeed often been beaten up
because of it, and you know what? i still don't give a toss what anyone
else thinks. now is it just that i'm a big old thing at 32 and don't
know how things should be?

> BUT I've just thought, if you don't examine your music, you'll be a laxy

curious thought. substitute 'life' for 'music'. you know what i've
always hated? when someone says (it was always my mum) "you think too
much". yeah, right.

pointless excercises.

keep the faith,

the duke
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net