Sinister: Rememberence of things past

John Johnston JohnJ at xxx.com
Wed Sep 9 10:19:24 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Gang

I forgot to add a delicious moment from Monday's gig to my previous
list. It was Stuart's supremely arch delivery of the line "what do you
make of the cool set in London" from the end of the TBWTAS. The last
word was very much his.

I love the TBWTAS. Just when you think that it can't get any better,
Sarah joins in on the recorder and it does!

Went to see Buddy last night at the theatre. My flatmate's friend played
the drummer in the Crickets. It was great fun ("Buddy Brilliant" as the
reviewer must have written in his sleep) but it set me wondering. What
will the big show be in 30 yrs time. Will it be "The Stone Roses Story";
the epic tale about a group who wanted to play their music, their
way...."There's no such thing as Indie-Dance, Boy!!", the triumphant
music in a short span of time before their tragic disappearance, up
their own arses.

I also used to wonder whether the town hall in Oxford would still have
tea dances in 40 years time. Will it be Acid House afternoons? But
that'll be just the same as first time around; loads of people moving in
a jerky, unstable manner and everyone on pills.

Plus ca change...

xx
JJ