Sinister: robust opinions

Stu stuart at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 9 19:17:00 BST 1998

>things really picked up towards the end. In fact after the raffle (god
>bless B&S!) I think it really got going.

I thought I'd just post a few humble opinions about Shepherds Bush too.....
I thought both the support act were cool, especially Elliot Smith.
Unfortuneatley most od B&S was spoilt for us some really rude people.  Being
short, I stood just at the top of the stairs. I don't know what the sound
was like anywhere else but it was dead quiet and reallt hard to make out
what was being said when they spoke to the audience.  I don't think B&S are
the sort of band that can simply 'turn up the volume'  what with being
folky, close-mike, gentle sort of music, yet loads of people near usust
talked really loudly the whole way through, and it really spoilt it for us.
HAving said that, the moments when that loud blond tart was smoking and was
quiet for a few moments, I really enjoyed it and I agree that it got much
better towards the end.
  I loved the French song that isobel did at the end very much. In fact, I
think she did really well all night. I loved 'is it wicked not to care?' too
and I think she really carried a lot of the show.
Has anyone seen B&S in smaller venues and would I be right in assuming that
they suit a smaller audience a lot more, or am I just getting snobby because
I still see them as 'underground/cult' kind of music???

love and sweets.....
christine
xxxxxxxxxxx