Sinister: An Ink Polaroid (with apologies and thanks to Stuart David)

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Wed Sep 9 19:40:34 BST 1998

         I've just put on 'If you're feeling sinister' for the first proper
listen in ages, and with the sun going down, and the light in my room fading,
i've just remembered a beautiful memory, linked inextricably with 'seeing
other people', well, the first half of the whole album actually. I've taken a
quick picture of it before it's lost forever:

             This one's quite faded now, but then it is a few years old. It
was taken on the first day of 1997, a day when the heavy snow kept the real
world at bay for a just little while longer. It's mostly white of course, but
that dark shape in the distance is me, in a big wooly overcoat, with my back
to the camera. I always wore a big wooly overcoat in those days.
       Despite the snow, the trains are still running, and so that's what I'm
doing on the station platform, I'm waiting for the train home. You can't see
my actress friend in the picture, 'cause she's just left, wrapped in a big
scarf, with her big hair full of big white snow flakes.
       And despite the snow, it's quite dark, so you can hardly read where
I've written in the snow 'I will love catherine for ever'. The snow's falling
in a trance, and right in the corner of the picture, you can see the end of
the train to paris, sliding away into the dark mouth of the tunnel.

funkyseb