Sinister: what release?

Laurel Girvan laurel_girvan at xxx.com
Wed Sep 9 22:28:01 BST 1998

     ink polaroid from yesterday, 9.8.98

     if you hold this photo so the light doesn't hit the flat spot that was
     caused from dabbing off melted ice cream, you can see me gesticulating
     wildly at the poor girl working at Virgin records.

     there's a bit of a sheen on my face and my shirt is sticking to me cuz
     i've been carrying too many bags around looking for this brand new
     store.  now that i'm here, i've just been told they don't have TBWTAS,
     though the shopgirl is just as upset as i am, as she's been looking to
     buy it ever since she got to work that morning.

     the only thing keeping my face from appearing as a horrible rictus of
     anguish is a bit of a joke.  you see, the shopgirl misheard me.  when
     i said i was *looking* for the new album, she heard *working* for the
     new album, so i had a few seconds of label exec fame.  of course, it
     didn't get me the album any sooner.

     so i'm off to the store after work again today - here's hoping.

     smooches to all you kittens,

     laurel