Sinister: my 2 cents, consolidated

Janine Papp janine at xxx.com
Thu Sep 10 01:07:50 BST 1998

http://thetransom.com/chip/zines/noframes/interv/raw7.html
this is about buses and it's funny as hell.  (I'm a big fan of buses.)

I just purchased 2 tickets from ticketmaster for the Nov. 1st show and had
to pay all this extra $$$ for all their crappy service charges.  I was
going to wait until tomorrow to buy tickets from Other Music but I was
afraid it would sell out!  I will buy tickets to the Nov. 2nd show there.
:)

oh yeah and one time I saw Elliott Smith practice - in my living room.
how's that for a small venue? (it's a long story) I think he's great.  I
wonder who is opening for B&S in the U.S.??

needless to say TBWTAS is great.  and of course lots of songs sound like
other songs - that's what happens when you have a choice of ABCDEF and G,
there's only so much you can do with it.  Of course, it's the feeling in
the music that makes it special and above and beyond average.  it's in the
lyrics, it's in the way they play it - oh you all know this so I'm shutting
up now because the list is clogged up enough as it is.  oh ONE last thing
-I think maybe people should stop posting long reviews of the album to the
list - you could tell us where to find it and we can pursue it on our own.
OK now I'm really done.

Queen Bee Janine